03 June 2004

The week that exploded...

...and it was only Tuesday.

We're having two more on-site interviews this week. Monday, as I noted, was a holiday, so nobody was around. On Tuesday, it seemed like every time I turned around, something was going annoyingly – but luckily, not badly – wrong. The room we had reserved for the candidate’s seminar got taken over by a class (with no warning that our reservation had been pre-empted), then we had to try three more rooms before finding one that was empty where we could hold the seminar.

And it seemed absolutely everyone wanted to reschedule meetings with the candidate.

And we ran out of money for snacks at the afternoon social.

And I have about five undergraduates who want to start research projects.

And... Well, I think you probably get the idea. But by this time next week, come what may, there will be no more job interviews! No more phone interviews. No more campus visits. So my job as Search Chair will be done soon.

No comments: